Effective: September 15, 2023
Employ Intelligence, Inc. (known as “TalentEI”) uses a variety of personal information to match job candidates with potential employers and employment opportunities. Without access to personal information, our service would not be possible. We take seriously our responsibility to protect your personal data and engage in fair privacy practices.
1. Scope and Applicability
2. Information We Collect and Receive
Unregistered Users – We collect information (some of which may be identifiable to you) from users who access our website but never register by signing up or creating an account. This information includes:
- Log Data – Information collected by our servers when you access our website through your browser, including your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, referral URLs, browser type and settings, date and time of usage, language preferences, and cookie data
- Device Information – Information collected about your device, including the type of device, operating system, application IDs, and unique device identifiers and crash data
- Location Data – Approximate location information based on your IP address combined with other information, including information about your browser and device
Registered Users – In addition to the information we collect from Unregistered Users, we also collect additional information from Registered Users who sign up for an account and use our service. This information includes:
- Account Credentials – Your username, password, and security questions and answers
- Account Information – You name, phone number, email address, and physical address
- Resume Data – Information associated with your own resume, which often includes job titles, employment and education history, proficiencies, credentials, and references, etc.
- Profile Information – Your responses to questions about your employment interests, proficiencies, and preferences, such as your interest in certain tasks and work environments
- Demographic Information – Your responses to questions about your race, gender, age, citizenship status, veteran status, military service, disabilities, and languages
- Location Preferences – Your responses to questions about your preferred work locations
- Education History – Your schools attended, class or degrees obtained, majors, graduation dates, and grade point averages (GPA)
- Experience History – Your employment history, including past and current employers, positions held, and dates of employment
- Match Data – Information about your job interests and responses to fit assessment (survey) questions about specific jobs or types of jobs
- Opportunity Data – Employment opportunities matched to you, including the employer, position, and any recruiter and/or partner information
- Activity Data – Information associated with your use of our service, including logs of your usage and your interactions with employers and partners through our service
Referred Candidates – If your personal information was supplied to us by a third party, such as a recruiter or employer, then we received that information subject to our relationship with them as a Service Provider or Processor. This information frequently includes:
- Contact Information – Your name, phone number, email address, and physical address
- Candidate Data – Information associated with your candidacy (including your resume), employment and education history, proficiencies, credentials, and references, etc.
- Employer Data – Information concerning employment opportunities related to your candidacy, including employer, position, and any recruiter and/or partner information
3. Our Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our services to you and our customers. This includes processing your information to match you with employment opportunities. We also use your data to improve our services by developing a better understanding of how our services are used and where improvements can be made.
Other uses of personal data include:
- Administering your account and providing our service
- Communicating with you through email and by other means
- Promoting our services to you
- Detecting and preventing abuse and security issues
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations
If your personal information is de-identified or anonymized through aggregation or other means to the extent that it can no longer identify you, then this information will no longer be considered “personal information” and we may use such information for any purpose without providing you with additional notice or disclosure.
4. Data Retention and Disposal
We retain and dispose of personal information in accordance with our data retention and disposal policies consistent with applicable law. Generally, this means:
- Data associated with Unregistered Users will be retained only for as long as is necessary, which may include a reasonable time following its collection to prevent fraud and abuse, and protect the security and integrity of our service.
- Data associated with Registered Users will be retained for as long as the user’s account is active. If a Registered User Deactivates their account, their personal information will be deleted to the extent that its retention is no longer needed for a legitimate purpose.
- Data associated with Referred Candidates supplied to us as a processor or service provider to third parties is retained and disposed of in accordance with our agreement with such third party.
Personal information may be retained for as long as may be necessary to facilitate other legitimate interests, the criteria for such retention includes investigating and preventing the misuse of our services, audits, and to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements. As part of our backup and recovery policies, deleted data may be kept for an additional period in the form of secure backups.
5. How We Share Information
We share and disclose personal information with third parties as needed to provide our services and operate our business. However, we do not “sell” personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and Nevada’s 2019 privacy amendment, or “share” personal information as defined by the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA). If we decide to sell or share your personal information, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out as the law may require and will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to “Do Not Sell My Personal Information.”
We will enter into a contractual agreement with any third-party controller that ensures that any data shared may only be processed for the limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent provided by the individual and that the recipient will provide the same level of protection as the Data Privacy Framework Principles referenced in Section 7 below.
The categories of third parties with whom your information may be shared include:
Service Providers – We may share any category of personal information with our service providers as needed to operate our services, including with our virtual computing, web services, and storage service providers
Customers and Partners – We share your personal information, as directed by you (or an agent acting on your behalf), with our customers and partners, including employers, academic career services, recruiters, and managed services providers, to connect you with employment opportunities
Business Services – We may share any category of personal information with our business services providers in the operation of our business, including security vendors, developers, auditors, analytics service providers, and professional advisors
Corporate Activities – We may share any category of personal information with potential investors or lenders and as part of a transaction involving a merger, acquisition, divestiture, public offering, or similar transaction involving our business
Government and Legal – We may share any category of personal information with third parties as may be required by applicable law, regulation, or legal process
6. Cookie Notice and “Do Not Track” Requests
In accordance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), we want to inform you about our “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) request policy. DNT is a feature that some web browsers offer to allow users to send signals to websites so that no information about their browser session will be shared. You may enable your web browser to send our website a DNT request, but your browsing and user experience may be degraded if our website accepts the signal. You can learn more about how DNT works here: https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track
7. Data Privacy Framework
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, TalentEI commits to resolve DPF Principles-related complaints about our collection and use of your personal information. EU, UK, and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF should first contact TalentEI at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call: (844) 802-5103
In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, TalentEI commits to refer unresolved complaints concerning our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF to JAMS, pursuant to the JAMS DPF Program, an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgement of your DPF Principles-related complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your DPR-Principles-related complaint to your satisfaction, please click here in order to learn more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over TalentEI’s compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF.
8. Personal Information Preferences
TalentEI may permit you to exercise certain preferences with respect to your personal information, such as accessing, updating, deleting, and exporting personal information. If you are a registered user, privacy preferences can be accessed through your account profile. Otherwise, you may make a privacy request to email@example.com.
9. Children’s Data
In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other state laws, our website and associated services are not marketed to children under sixteen (16) years of age and we do not intentionally collect information from children. We encourage parents and guardians to take appropriate steps to ensure the safety and privacy of their children online.
10. Information Security
We work hard to protect our systems from harm and to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information. Our efforts include utilizing strong encryption and leveraging physical, technical, and administrative controls to prevent the unauthorized access to and disclosure of personal information.
However, it would be naïve to assume that any amount of diligence could prevent every conceivable risk to your personal data. We encourage all users to exercise caution when interacting with our website and services, just as they would any other website.
Good security starts with good personal security hygiene. We recommend creating a unique and difficult password, that you not share your account credentials with others or allow your credentials to be easily accessed by others, that you connect to our website over secure networks, that you log out after using our service, and that you stay alert to unusual or suspicious activities.
We will never ask you by email or phone for your password. In order to positively identify you to respond to privacy requests, we may ask you for other personal information contained in your profile to verify your identity.
11. Breach Notification
If any personal information we possess is the subject of a data breach and your personal data is implicated according to any applicable law that may apply, then we will take such action, including providing you with notice, as such law or laws may require.
12. Additional Global Policy References
Based on your location and the locations that TalentEI operates, there may be additional policies that are applicable or relevant to you:
This Privacy Notice was revised September 15, 2023 at 9:15 UTC.
This Privacy Notice was revised August 25, 2022 at 19:15 UTC.
This Privacy Notice was revised March 30, 2022 at 3:30 UTC.
This Privacy Notice was revised December 19, 2019 at 10:54 UTC.